The best way to move a heavy elliptical machine is not as easy as the way you move other equipment in the gym. An elliptical machine is a big, heavyweight stationery workout machine. That helps out its users to lose weight. To move an elliptical bike machine from one place to another is quite hard. If you do not have extra hands for help. Then you need to dismantle it. Afterward, you will be able to move it away.
Since the elliptical trainer is fatty in shape, you cannot just push and drag it. Also, it doesn’t have any foldable parts. So, the only way to change its location is to disassemble it. Well if your trainer workshop is bigger and wider you can just simply drag it with extra hands. Now, we will help you learn all the best ways to move the heavy elliptical machine.
Navigate Our Table of Contents
How to Move Heavy Elliptical Machine – Easy Methods that Everyone Admire
As you do not want to hire some people. Who will help you to move your big and heavy elliptical machine? We will guide you with the way you can dismantle the machine. To break apart the screws, nuts, handle, bolts, front section, and back parts easily. Then move it.
Things We Will Require to Disassemble the Elliptical Trainer:
First, we will discuss the materials, items, and equipment you will require to disassemble your elliptical trainer bike.
- The prime tool which is necessary is Allen Wrenches or Hex keys. Mostly you will get this for free. When you buy the trainer machine. But if you lose it. Then get it again. As it will unlock the parts.
- Therefore, you will need a four head screwdriver tool to unscrew the front console and afterward attach it.
- You will also need some bigger and smaller plastic polymer bags or you can also use large and small freezer bags. To keep the smaller parts, nuts, bolts of the front section, and the arms of the elliptical.
- Therefore, some magic scotch tapes and marker pens. You will need tapes to put two or more small connection parts together. And the marker pen to write notes on the baggies. That which side of the parts you will keep in the bag.
Thus, the preparation to break apart some parts of the trainer machine is over.
How to Dismantle the Heavy Elliptical Machine – Step by Step Guides
We will get ahead, open the parts of it. Then pack the small parts in the package bag. Then move it to the place you want to and attach or assemble the parts again. Well, we Will not open apart from the whole machine. We will just take apart 3 or 4 chunks. So, you can change its location or place all by yourself. Let’s proceed.
- We will begin with the down left side of the machine of four connections. These four connections go to the wheel of the trainer. Use Allen keys to loosen the bolts then rotate open the connection. Also, do this process to the bottom left on the footpad.
- Then repeat the whole procedure all over to the left side. And dismantle the nuts and base plates of each.
- Now, tape each set of bolt and base plate. So you will not mix it up with another set. Then pack them in the big freezer plastic bag. Also do not forget to write notes for the parts. Such as “Left side screws and parts” or “ Right Side Screws and Parts”.
- Then again unscrew the bolt connections with the Allen wrenches of both tops left sideways and the right sideways of the trainer handles.
- After both ends are loose enough then you can pull out the middle pole in the joint of the handles from one of the sides very easily.
- For the top left and right sides of the handles connection nuts and baseplates. Tape the sets, pack them in the bags, and then write a note on the bags like “Top Right Side Parts” and “Top Left Side Parts”. Also, keep the middle pole in a bag and name it.
- We will dismantle the tray which attaches the base and top with the console. It has three big screws. You can unscrew the screws with bare hands. Then again place these in the parts bag and name it.
- After that, we have to unlock the console of the trainer with the four head screwdriver tool. Then put the washers and nuts in the bag and name it.
- Unlock the console, and you will see that under the console. There are three wired connections. That links the console with base and handles. So, you will have to disconnect them with just a little pull.
- Again pack the console, the console nuts and washers, and the console tree. And name the bags.
- Now, we can take off the handles of the left and the right sides. Well, then we will tape the right side parts bag with the right side handle. The same goes for the left side and the other aides. This way you won’t lose anything.
- As we have all the label bags and parts already. We can take it all separately and move it to the new place. And then the last bit is the base part of the trainer you can drag it simply to another location.
So, after you go to another location, just set up the parts. The way you opened it, and it is complete.
To move the heavy elliptical trainer machine easily. We gave you the most effective and simple method so far.
You will not need to pay extra money to get shifter people or professionals. Therefore, with some preparations and cautiousness. You can do the disassemble or set up tasks all by yourself within a short time.
So, no need to pay extra or work extra. Follow our expert’s guidance and it will be great.