The question arises in my mind all the time how long should I bike for a good workout? Knowing about it is going to be more interesting for a new user of an exercise bike like me. A good workout plan helps a person to maintain good health. But an exercise bike offers different workouts with different fitness goals. That’s the point when we get confused about how to use this cardio equipment effectively.
Every little detail about it, especially the time duration is the key to acquire the fitness goal. You heard right, all of the workout programs related to exercise bikes depend on the time duration. This is the right place if you have no idea about it. Let’s jump into the deep.
Navigate Our Table of Contents
- How To Execute Workout Plan Using Exercise Bike?
- How does An Exercise Bike work?
- Time Frame for Different Workout Plans For Different Fitness levels
- Exercise Bike For Beginners
- Workout Program For Weight Loss
- Time Frame for Interval Training
- What Are The Misconceptions About Using Exercise Bike
- Tips For Using Exercise Bike
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
How To Execute Workout Plan Using Exercise Bike?
All we know is that an exercise bike known as the stationary bike is well-known cardio equipment. Riding this bike is not the last thing to complete the workout plan on this bike. Different parameters and factors are working behind it. An exercise bike is for a super sweaty, heart-pumping workout.
But with the proper plan, it could be a slower and steady workout machine for you. See, it all depends on you how you are going to use it and how long you are going to ride. First of all, you’ve to clear your perception about the relation between the workout plan and the time duration. Remember, an indoor exercise bike is full of opportunities for you.
How does An Exercise Bike work?
This excellent workout equipment makes the upper body, core, and leg more strong. Without making a healthy and consistent workout plan this bike cannot offer you what you want from it. It doesn’t matter which types of workout you choose, without proper timing it is hard to achieve. This top-notch bike helps to burn 400 calories. Yes, it’s possible only in an hour. It’s amazing to hear.
Additionally, make the hips, glutes, and lower body more active. Riding an exercise bike is not like riding a regular bicycle. So, what is the difference, and how we can get the same tension from this bike? From the beginning, plan a workout program where you can ride this bike for 30 to 60 minutes. You should continue it 3 to 5 days every week. For every workout on this bike, go for the warm-up session.
Adopt an easy pace like riding in a low-intensity mode for 5 to 10 minutes. This is the boosting moment to give more effort to the next level. Go for the faster pace. Don’t quit instantly because your body needs to adjust to it. Take 5 extra minutes for riding at a slower pace. Then wrap things up.
Time Frame for Different Workout Plans For Different Fitness levels
The fitness level is not the same for all of us. So, we can’t follow other workout plans which are not matched with our fitness level. We suggest you focus on your goal and what you want. For beginners, weight loss, and interval workout programs, using an exercise bike is different. Let’s discuss it in more detail.
Exercise Bike For Beginners
A beginner needs to know more about the use of an exercise bike than experts. To build fitness, beginners need to start from the slower position. Then adding more time and intensity will keep him on track to achieve his fitness goal.
Most of the time 25 to 30 minutes is enough for the beginner. Starting slowly is not a bad idea at all because they can progress from that point. To understand the intensity level, as well as the fitness, beginners can add an extra 1 minute with the mentioned time. For a better understanding here is a specific guideline for beginners.
- At first, start to ride the bike by pedaling. For that set the intensity low. Ride it for the next 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now it’s time to set a new intensity called medium. Continue it for 5 minutes. Here are some conditions to follow different intensities and these are set as high-intensity (1 to 2 minutes), medium intensity (5 minutes), high intensity (1 to 2 minutes), and medium intensity (5 minutes).
- It’s time to finish your workout. Pedal just for 5 minutes at a low intensity before quitting.
Workout Program For Weight Loss
For people who want to lose weight by using an exercise bike, workout program and time is different for them. All of them need to focus on how many calories they can burn. So, they need to add an effective weight loss plan. The key point of such a plan is switching the resistance as quickly as they can get better feedback. Let’s see the time management for a simple weight loss workout plan.
- Ride the bike for 5 to 10 minutes after setting the intensity level at low.
- After the time, set it to medium intensity level. Continue it for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In this segment switch the intensity high to medium and medium to high. 1 to 3 minutes for high and 3 to 5 minutes for medium intensity. It will be better if you can continue it for the next 30 minutes.
- Now take 5 to 10minutes to cool yourself down by paddling at low intensity.
Time Frame for Interval Training
Maybe this plan is new for you. It’s good for building fitness. Even this plan is for those who want to make their body strong and increase stamina. Some details about an interval training plan are given below.
- Like other workout plans, pedal for the first 10 minutes at a low-intensity level.
- Go to the next step by switching the intensity from low to medium and continue it for the next 10 minutes. Follow the sequence like high intensity (2 minutes) low intensity (2 minutes) high intensity (2 minutes), low intensity (2 minutes) and high intensity (2 minutes).
- To cool down. Take 5 to 10 minutes for paddling at low intensity.
For a better understanding here is a chart given below:
|3||1 to 4 incremental||5|
|2||More than 4||5 to 6|
|2||Higher than the baseline level||6|
What Are The Misconceptions About Using Exercise Bike
Misconception grows when people don’t know how to use exercise bikes properly with the perfect time frame. It’s confusing, especially for strength training. This equipment is for cardiovascular exercise but can strengthen your leg. It’s for improving different health conditions. To move your body, this is the best machine you can own.
Tips For Using Exercise Bike
Here are some cool tips that can help you to make the use of exercise bikes more effective. All of these tips also help to grow confidence as well and minimize the chances of injuries. Let’s know some of these tips.
- Stretch is the last first thing that is important to achieve a fitness goal. Before you start, stretch your body as much as you can. This is the most effective trick to avoid muscle soreness.
- Make yourself comfortable from every side on this bike. Adjust the seat, height, paddle, and handlebar.
- Set the duration for your workout plan before you start.
- Always try to pick a good pace after a slow warm-up.
- Don’t get dehydrated. Drink water when you need it.
- Make your exercise time more beautiful by watching TV or listening to music.
- Monitor your heart rate all the time if you have a previous medical history.
- Follow the cool down period perfectly to take some breath.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Is it possible to cycle every day at home?
Answer: yes, you can because an exercise bike provides such a facility to do that. An exercise bike is best for a cycling workout. It will help you get the balance over your body fitness.
Question 2: An Exercise bike is good for making my knees strong?
Answer: Cycling using an Exercise bike is always good for a different part of your body. Cardio workout makes some strain on your knee. From low impact to high impact workout, it helps to grow your knee stronger than before.
Question: Is Exercise Bike Worth using?
Answer: Exercise bike is good in many ways. It is not only for a cardio workout, it can make your leg stronger, help to grow stronger on both upper and lower body, and help to increase stamina as well.
From the above discussion, we found riding an exercise bike offers different types of benefits. No matter which type of workout plan we use, giving the plan proper time is the key to gain fitness goals. For using an exercise bike for the time you desired, just keep practicing and try to increase the level as well as the time.
Staying healthy and fit is everyone’s primary goal. In that case, an exercise bike is the best option to get your shape quickly. Just give the time as I’ve mentioned for the fitness plan. Nothing can stop you from achieving your goal.
We think you’re also going to find these pages: