If you are asking yourself “Is an exercise bike good for weight loss”, then you are in the right place to know it. No doubt, riding an exercise bike is one of the best, efficient and effective ways to lose weight. To burn calories, professionals suggest using this equipment. But don’t make yourself fool just riding this bike.
Yes, there are a few parameters and tips you must know to make the calorie-burning process more effective. We don’t want to give huge amounts of time just to burn fat on this machine. So, knowing the use of an exercise bike won’t let you take a headache about running out of time.
Navigate Our Table of Contents
- Exercise Bike: Best Cardio Equipment To Lose Weight At Home
- Which Types of Exercise Bike Should I Choose?
- How To Do A Simple Workout Plan For Weight Loss?
- Why Exercise Bike Is Good Especially For Weight Loss?
- Exercise Bike and Statistics about Burning Calories:
- How To Use An Exercise Bike?
- Use Resistance Effectively
- How To Ensure Proper Form?
- Tips of The Day
- Final Words
Exercise Bike: Best Cardio Equipment To Lose Weight At Home
An Exercise bike is made with a simple mechanism but the effect it has on the human body is huge. As a piece of cardio equipment, it works better than every other stationery. It’s amazing when we feel less stress in our joints. But don’t think it works as like other normal equipment. It performs excellently to offer you an aerobic workout. To lose weight, a person must set a goal that is possible to implement using an indoor exercise bike.
Saying from my personal experience, this is the best option to burn calories because I burned almost 260 calories per day. It’s an amazing result for a 30-minute ride on this bike. One more thing I should mention, you don’t need to go to the gym anymore to lose weight. But do you know all the different factors and workout programs when you are using it at home? Here are more details that are waiting for you if you still want to know if an exercise bike is good for weight loss.
Which Types of Exercise Bike Should I Choose?
First of all, let’s start with the types. Many questions arise in mind when we want to pick this cardio machine. Generally, we found three types of exercise bikes out there. Different types of exercise bikes mean they come with different designs and benefits. Here they are.
Picking the perfect one is not easy if you aren’t conscious of your fitness level and goal. So, which one is for you?
This type is considered as one of the most popular types among other types. In the first impression, you’ll think it’s almost identical to a regular bicycle. It happens because the paddle is in the same position as regular bicycles have. That means it is installed under the body. This type is popular and it not only helps to burn calories but makes the leg stronger. It hit your leg and core muscles and trust me, you can feel it. As your requirement, it’s easy to use in both standing and sitting positions.
In this bike, the paddle is positioned on the front side from your sitting position. Yes, you can sit comfortably on this bike. The only objective of this bike is to put less pressure on your different parts of the body. So, you’ll feel minimum stress on your upper body and joints. It needs less effort than the upright bike that means less fatigue you’ll feel. Because of limited mobility, it also minimizes injuries. The old and the newbie are the perfect users of this bike.
This bike can guide you to gain a whole new level of fitness. From the name, it’s easy to understand, two different mechanisms are working on this single platform. Yes, it comes with a pair of handlebars. This bar will work with your upper body by moving back and forth. Finally, it’s for both leg and upper body exercise.
How To Do A Simple Workout Plan For Weight Loss?
Now come to the point. Workout plans are different, especially for weight loss based on different fitness levels. To burn calories as well as body fat, using a perfect plan will be a good option.
Remember a good workout plan also increases the rate of burning calories from the body in less time. Most of the time professionals suggest playing with the resistance level. Switching it quickly will help more than before to lose weight. Let’s make you clear about it by describing a weight loss workout plan as a sample.
- First, start to paddle gently. Make sure the intensity level is low. Continue this paddling for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now go for the medium intensity. Continue it for at least 3 to 5 minutes.
- For the next 20 to 30 minutes you just need to play with the intensity. Alternate between high and medium intensity. Take 1 to 3 minutes for high intensity and 3 to 5 minutes for medium intensity.
- It’s time to cool down. Don’t do it suddenly. Switch to the low-intensity mode and continue it for 5 to 10 minutes. You are done for the day with your basic weight loss workout plan.
Why Exercise Bike Is Good Especially For Weight Loss?
We found many reasons for using an exercise bike for weight loss. Here are all the reasons described below.
All we know Calories are the biggest factor that puts weight on our body. Burning those calories means we can lose weight. Calories work as fuel in our bodies. The fact is, all of us use and burn a specific number of calories. But all of the numbers are not the same. It depends on our habits, gender, age, and what we do.
When you burn more calories than you gain, you’ll lose weight. To make it happen, exercise bikes come as a blessing to us. This cardiac equipment helps to make deficit calories in our body. Yes, we can do it by exercising.
Exercise Bike and Statistics about Burning Calories:
There is a deep relation between Exercise bikes and calories. Based on the intensity you use in the exercise bike, the number of calories you can burn. It also depends on how much time you’re spending riding this bike. Let’s take a quick look at the following data.
|Weight||Intensity Level||Time||Calories Burned|
|155-pound||Moderate||30 minutes||260 calories|
|125-pounds||Moderate||30 minutes||211 calories|
|185-pounds||Moderate||30 minutes||311 calories|
How To Use An Exercise Bike?
To lose weight you must know how to properly use the exercise bike. Proper posture helps to optimize the use of the bike. Let’s talk about it in detail.
Make yourself consistent and follow the workout routine. To burn calories in a mentionable number, maintain a workout routine regularly not randomly. It will make you more fit and healthy than before. Even consistency is important to reach the fitness goal faster.
Use Resistance Effectively
Exercise bikes offer different levels of resistance. This is the thing you can utilize perfectly. Most of them have 1 to 10 levels of resistance. If you keep it up to 20, that will be similar to riding a bicycle on the hill track. Resistance helps to challenge yourself to hit the next level.
This method is popular for a longer workout. Sometimes users want to go slower and try to keep the lower intensity. It’s steady and safe to do. Just sit, and paddle as you want.
HIIT is one of the most popular calorie-burning workouts for people. This is easy but effective for the short time. What you need to do is just set the intensity level following the speed. See, it’s simple as we told.
How To Ensure Proper Form?
To make the workout for weight loss more effective, ensure your proper form on the exercise bike. There are few things you can notice to make your form proper. Some of them are given below.
- Before you start paddling, adjust your seat height. It’s to make sure you’re comfortable enough on the bike.
- Look at the seat. Maybe you need to position it perfectly. For a better adjustment, you need to set your seat forward or backward from time to time for a different workout.
- Don’t forget to set your paddle position perfectly. It’s important for better foot positioning. Keep your foot in the center of the paddle.
- As you like, adjust the height of the handlebar.
Tips of The Day
Despite, the exercise bike is one of the safest equipment but there are still some issues about safety. Better you look at it.
- Repetitive motion causes muscle fatigue or injury. So, ensure your proper position and make a workout chart perfectly. You can also take some suggestions from the experts.
- There are chances to fall off because of improper balance. Ensure proper balance for every type of exercise on this exercise bike.
- Take breaks when you need them. Don’t push yourself too much to reach the goal in a short time.
- If you have any physical problems like blood pressure, heart health issues, then take the proper guideline about it from your doctor.
Finally, we have concluded an exercise bike with lots of good sides, especially weight loss. This cycling is tremendously good for anyone to reach their fitness goal at home.
One more thing, because of different or rude weather you don’t need to go to the gym anymore when you have this fantastic exercise bike at your home. It burns calories as fast as your imagination, strengthens joints, builds leg muscles, and improves heart health. Now you know is an exercise bike good for weight loss or not. Overall, it’s a machine that motivates everyone to keep fit and healthy all the time.